University of Tokyo. Students worldwide are invited to participate in the summer internship program of the University of Tokyo – Japan. The University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021 (UTSIP 2021) is scheduled to run June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021 and open to undergraduate students worldwide.
UTSIP Kashiwa, initiated by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in 2013, provides a hands-on research internship program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
- Company/Organization: University of Tokyo
- Program Type: Student internship (Summer Program)
- Location: Japan
- Program Targeted at: Undergraduates
- Program Duration: 6 weeks
- Country Eligibility: Worldwide (Students outside Japan)
University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program 2021
To be eligible for UTSIP 2021;
- Participants must be in their undergraduate program at an overseas college or university throughout the entire duration of UTSIP program, and will not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants are required to participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
- Participants who are considering matriculating to graduate level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan.
Program Benefits/Financial Aid
UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship and accommodation to participants.
- UTSIP scholarship amount: JPY 110,000
If you have applied or will apply for a different scholarship, please mention this on the Application page. Some past UTSIP participants received a stipend from the following organizations. Applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid.
- Friends of UTokyo, Inc. (FUTI)
- MIT-Japan program
- Honda Foundation
- UCLA Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies (from 2018)
Apply Also: Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2021
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your transcript
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of English proficiency
- Copy of your passport
- Picture in digital data
Refer to this how to apply page for detailed guide and required application materials
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021