Leiden University Excellence Scholarships. The Leiden University is offering the Excellence scholarship programme for highly brilliant international students wishing to study in the Netherlands on scholarship commencing the next academic year.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) is for excellent non-EEA/non-EFTA* students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree programme; and for excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies programme or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University.
- Scholarships to be taken at: Leiden University, Netherlands.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition Award.
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Subject Eligibility: All Master’s programme at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) programmes.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships Eligibility
To apply and qualify for LExS 2021;
- Interested applicants must be Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2021
- Applicants must have previous degrees with excellent grades
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness
The scholarship will cover;
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee).
Interested applicants for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships in Netherlands may follow the steps below to apply;
- Apply for an admission into a Master’s programme at the university and pay necessary acceptance fees (where applicable)
- Indicate your interest to apply for a LExS in the scholarship section of your online application.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- Programmes starting Sept 2020: 1st Feb 2021
- Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1st March 2021